Standards: CCSS 6.NS.5
Download the media and read the blog post for more goodies!
Use temperatures to:
- find the difference in temperature over time
- use a vertical number line to plot temperatures
- make predictions about temperature associated with time of day
- find a temperature's distance from zero degrees
- talk about absolute value
Show Temperature 1 or Temperature 3 to students:
- What do you notice/wonder?
- We will see (4-7) other times throughout the 24 hours and I want you to predict the temperatures.
- Give the times of the day you choose and let students predict the temperatures for each time of day.
- What's the difference in temperature between 4:13am and 9:32am.
- Plot the temperatures on a vertical number line and list the times next to each temperature.